Would you like to work with words for a living – even if it’s something you’ve never seriously considered?
Do you consider yourself computer literate – perhaps even a bit of a geek?
If you’re nodding your head in agreement with the above questions, you could be our perfect candidate. As a full-time WordPress blogger and editor for WordCandy, working as part of our team in Birmingham, you will be responsible for:
- Keeping up to speed with the latest developments in the self-hosted WordPress community.
- Experimenting with new WordPress features, themes, and plugins, as well as related products and services.
- Creating unique and engaging WordPress-related topic ideas.
- Crafting superb quality WordPress-related blog posts for some of the biggest WordPress blogs on the web, such as Elegant Themes and WPExplorer.
- Editing blog posts produced by other writers.
- The smooth administrative operation of client accounts.
Note that you do not need to have extensive experience with WordPress nor a professional writing background to apply for this role, although preexisting experience is certainly valued in both cases.
We will expect the following from you:
- Solid writing skills. You consider yourself a competent writer, and love the idea of being paid to write.
- Computer literacy. You’ve been using computers since you were young, and find it easy to pick up new things. You might not know WordPress particularly well (yet), but you’re confident that you’ll pick it up quickly.
- Attention to detail. You consider yourself a perfectionist, and having the time available to create high-quality work is important to you.
- Passion for learning. You love the idea of diving into a role where you’ll learn new things every day, and value constructive criticism as a means of boosting your skills and experience.
WordCandy is a fast-growing business based at the Moseley Exchange in Birmingham and formed in 2011 when its founder, Tom Ewer, started writing blog posts for WordPress-related publications on the web. It has since grown to a team of three full-time team members and many more part-time contractors producing around 100,000 words per month for various WordPress-related clients. The next step in the evolution of the business is to create an entirely ‘in-house’ team of bloggers and editors. You would be the fourth full-time member of that team.
This is a full-time role (7.5 hours per day) with a great deal of potential for growth. The salary range for this position is £17,000–21,000 p.a. depending on experience.
Perks include flexible working hours, a strict no overwork policy (i.e. you are not expected to work any longer than your contracted hours), and an approach to work that values employee happiness over squeezing every last penny of profit out of the business.
If you’re interested in this role, please don’t hesitate to submit your application using the form below!